Adventure Tales of America Program Advantages and Features
Presents Sound, Scholarly History
- Primary sources are used extensively. For example, a 13-page section on the Constitutional Convention dramatizes James Madison's Notes of the Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787.
- Historical figures speak in their own words whenever possible, an ideal way to read primary sources.
Makes Learning Fun and Exciting!
- From exploration of the New World to the Civil War, America's story unfolds with high drama -- absorbing, entertaining, and enlightening. Students won't put it down!
- A successful learning experience for all students, gifted, grade-level, at-risk, and Limited English Proficiency (LEP).
Integrates Left and Right Brain Learning
- The Nobel Prize-winning (1981) research of Dr. Roger Sperry shows that the learning curve rises dramatically when information is given simultaneously to both sides of the brain.
- Adventure Tales of Americadoes this through:
- Words, analysis, and structure for the left brain.
- Pictures, humor, emotion, and drama for the right brain.
Raises Test Scores
Read how one teacher's class had a 115% improvement!
- Adventure Tales of America has raised state social scores dramatically -- in Texas as much as 18 percent.
- All students learn faster, remember longer, and score higher.